Construction Training Programs
Gain New Construction Skills and Improve Your Community
City Tech works in concert with New York City Housing Authority, Affordable Housing Developers and Local Unions to provide construction skills training and placement services. The program promotes training that results in long term employment, improved lives for participants and their families, and improved housing for residents of New York City. This program offers a free, full-time, and intensive 8-week program that provides participants with knowledge of the building trades and the opportunity to earn industry certificates including OSHA 10 hour and Supported Scaffolding as well as hands-on training in Sustainable Building and Blueprint Reading.
During the Program, students are introduced to:
- The proper use of power tools and machinery
- Experience in the carpentry, plumbing, and electrical trades
- Instruction in blueprint reading and construction math
- Comprehensive safety training including the 10 hour OSHA General Construction Safety and Health class
- Soft skills training to succeed in obtaining and keeping a job as well as resume preparation
- An introduction to green practices
- Job placement assistance
For more information on the NYCHA Resident Training Academy application requirements click here.
To learn about other Construction Training opportunities at City Tech’s WDC email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718.552.1120.